You can supercharge your Spirit phone. You know the inexpensive, 3 line phone system you bought for a hundred bucks 20 years ago? That’s right: you’ve had an unused marketing tool hanging on your wall for over two decades, and you haven’t used it. Seems like a waste. A sporting goods store in Greenvale, NY, with locations in Levittown and Huntington wanted to accomplish more.
Now’s the time to ‘Soup Up’ your Spirit Phone
“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now” –Chinese Proverb
The message is that it’s never too late to accomplish the thinks you can accomplish. Your Spirit Phone does the basics: it’s the way you talk with your customers on incoming and outgoing calls. That makes it a marketing tool. But it only helps with the basics.
How to make your Spirit Phone more valuable.
Would you like to your Spirit Phone to help you
- Sell more?
- Educate customers about how you can help them even better? And…
- Sound more Professional?
It can. Using a jack that most owners of this phone system don’t know exists, and even fewer use, you can turn your telephones into a valuable marketing tool, with marketing messages on hold.
Messages on hold for your Spirit Phone
Creating messages on hold for your callers to hear is simple…but not easy. Here are the steps we recommend for creating your own messages on hold:
- Think about your business
- What do you do?
- How do you help your customers?
- What do you do best?
- What makes your product or service unique?
- Think about your customers
- What are they looking for when they come to you?
- What are their key problems or challenges?
- What are their most important goals and desires?
- Why are they calling you today (and not yesterday, tomorrow, or next month)?
- What are their “hot button” issues?
- Do customers call to simply place an order? Or do they want to talk with a representative?
- What do they have to know to feel like they have enough information to make a decision?
- Think about your competition
- Do customers know about your competition?
- Why do customers choose you or your competition?
- How do you distinguish yourself from your competition?
- Think about your goals
- Your messages on hold can change on a schedule that works with your marketing calendar or with the season, so you can focus on short, medium, or long term goals, or a mix of each
- What kind of conversations would you like to have with your customers?
- What would you like to accomplish on your phone calls?
- Develop a first draft of a script. We regularly revise scripts 2 to 10 times to make sure we’ve got it right.
- Your messages on hold will reflect on your company. If you want to be considered professional and high quality, your messages on hold should sound like that. If you’re “folksy” and “do it yourself,” or “artsy” you’ll use a different style in your recordings, just like you would in your advertising, promotional materials, or website.
- Play them! There are different types of phone systems. If you have a Spirit Phone you’ll need an external player (CD, mp3, etc, and an audio cable with an “RCA” or “phono” plug to attach to the phone system
- Check how they sound. Make sure the volume isn’t too loud or it will sound distorted.
- Update your messages to keep them current and interesting.
Questions? Call us for a free 15-minute planning session, and we’ll help you get it right. Really!
Got a Spirit Phone? Use it!
Your Spirit Phone can be more than just a phone. It can be a marketing tool that delivers your marketing message to your best prospects and just the right time. We’re here to help. In New York, call us at (212) 355-6980, or toll free on Long Island, call (800) 862-8896 today!