Marketing Strategies for Insurance agencies usually include all the “tried and true” steps that have helped top producers succeed over the years, sprinkled with ways to use today’s online tools. Combining the best of the old and the new, picking the ones that you feel most comfortable with, and adding a few new ones to your portfolio, will get you maximum exposure.
Marketing Strategies for Insurance pros that have worked for others
Just some of the most popular marketing strategies for insurance agents include:
- Great customer service: this is where it all starts. A bad experience when a client calls in for information or with a claim can lead to a lost client faster than anything else.
- Personal Thank you: the value of a handwritten “thank you” note can’t be over estimated
- Extra personal touches like birthday cards keep your clients thinking about you
- Community involvement: supporting local causes with volunteer work or sponsorships shows potential clients that you’re a true partner in their community.
- Referrals: your satisfied clients are your best source of referrals to their friends
- Networking and Referral Partnerships: groups or individual partners
- Email newsletters filled with helpful and useful ideas are always welcome, but don’t turn it into an endless sales pitch or they’ll get deleted every time. If they’re helpful enough they may even get forwarded to friends.
- Checklists to ensure complete coverage and ho gaps
- Facebook posts: your goal should be to make them interesting and helpful enough to be shared
- Facebook advertising can attract hundreds of new views at a very low cost
- Social Media to engage with clients
- Online reviews
- Personal emails
- Mobile Friendly Websites to engage clients “on the go”
- Blogging on topics of interest to potential clients
- Messages on hold are a convenience tool for putting wasted “hold” time to use, making it more interesting and helpful. Good messages also make hold time seem shorter, and can start more of the conversations you’d like to have with your clients.
Marketing Strategies for Insurance Agencies should include Seasonal Opportunities
Each season brings its own pleasures, and its own Property and Casualty risks. Your clients will also appreciate ideas and tips that can make their financial lives more secure outside the world of insurance. Make sure that your clients recognize and are properly covered for risks, and remind them about simple steps to protect themselves, such as:
Spring: flooding, hail, windstorms, new driver discounts, homeowners for new homes, moving insurance, home inventory apps, wedding insurance, pet insurance
Summer: Hurricanes, summer driving, swimming pools, trampolines, rental car insurance questions, comprehensive insurance for your car,
Autumn: New car owners, renters insurance for college grads, disability, starting a business, condo owners insurance,
Winter: Ice damage, Liability for injuries, Auto, clean chimneys, prevent ice dams, preventing identity theft, cyber security for businesses, valuable items policies to cover new gifts, the importance of having a will
Marketing Strategies for Insurance Agencies go far beyond just adverting. The best ones create a relationship, and start a valuable conversation with more of your clients. Want a good way to start more conversations? Ask about how Informer Messages on hold can put marketing strategies for insurance agents work for you, today. For a free strategy session, call (800) 862-8896.